Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Kitchen

Okay so we have a galley kitchen in a 1957 home.  It has great bones but did nothing for me.  Here are some before pictures.






The Kitchen did come with a fridge but the stove was in pieces so before I ever even saw the house Jeremy went out and bought a new fridge and stove.    The cupboards all had been torn apart from some kind of animal either a squirrel or mouse...or I  should say squirrels or mice!  The house was a rental for a long time so everything was pretty much ruined.  My mother in law swears there were squatters living in the house before Jeremy bought it so I guess you can figure out what it looked like.  


So the first things I did was to paint the floor with Valspars Porch and Floor Paint in the color Journey.  I looked everywhere to find out a cheap way to hold of doing the floors and this worked great.  First I had to clean the floors really good and then I used the best primer ever Zinsser 123 primer.  I had to do this in sections because we still needed to use the kitchen.  




Now had I been smarter I would of waited till after we decided to tear down one of the walls in the kitchen but we had a little one crawling everywhere and I had to do something with that yucky floor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment